Sprouting Seeds


Our conservatory has become a makeshift greenhouse, providing warm and sunny protection to get the plants off to a good start.  The plant pots have come in useful, once the plants become too tall for the propagator, or need spacing out.  I have experimented with using egg boxes for individual planters, this seems to work fairly well, although the boxes do get soggy and disintegrate when you try to remove the plant.  I have now also invested in a propagator with a higher lid so the plants can get more height before being transplanted.

Note to self:  Remember to label ALL the seeds when you plant them.  I tended to put new seeds in where I had taken plants out, and didn't always label them, which caused me some memory searching later on, as it seems almost every seed I planted began its life with 2 oval shaped leaves just like this.  When you have several of these in every pot, it gets very confusing which plant is which.

Comments